(HealthDay News) -- In-line skating can help children have fun while getting a great aerobic workout that helps strengthen muscles. But it's important that they follow safety guidelines to prevent injury.
The American Academy of Pediatrics lists these safety rules for children using in-line skates:
- Dress in protective gear when skating.
- Maintain control when skating and make sure you allow enough room to stop safely.
- When on a path, skate on the right side and use the left only to pass.
- Don't skate in areas where pavement is uneven or there is heavy traffic.
- Always yield to pedestrians and follow all traffic rules.
be well, feel better
Get the facts on staying healthy and comfortable when the temperature rises.
Trick your brain into doing what you want it to do.
Which are just gross, and which are truly dangerous?
Plus, tips from experts on ways to drop those excess pounds
How to use color therapy to feel better.
Banish stress and enjoy a greater sense of balance in your life.
No painkillers? No problem.
Bypass these bad habits to avoid looking old beyond your years.