(HealthDay News) -- A life jacket is an essential safety tool any time your child is on a boat or personal watercraft.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests these life jacket rules for your child:
- Know how to correctly put on and secure your own life jacket.
- Understand how to properly use a life jacket and be comfortable wearing it.
- Make sure the life jacket fits your child properly and is correctly fastened.
- Never use an inflatable toy, air mattress or water wings in place of a life jacket.
- Adults should also wear a life jacket when on a boat or personal watercraft, setting a good example for children.
be well, feel better
Get the facts on staying healthy and comfortable when the temperature rises.
Trick your brain into doing what you want it to do.
Which are just gross, and which are truly dangerous?
Plus, tips from experts on ways to drop those excess pounds
How to use color therapy to feel better.
Banish stress and enjoy a greater sense of balance in your life.
No painkillers? No problem.
Bypass these bad habits to avoid looking old beyond your years.