(HealthDay News) -- Arthritis in one or both knees can make it painful and difficult to bend, run or walk.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these suggestions to help ease knee arthritis pain and discomfort:
- Lose any excess weight to ease strain and stress on the knees.
- Get plenty of regular exercise.
- Undergo physical therapy.
- Switch from high-impact exercise such as running to low-impact exercise such as walking or swimming.
- Use a supportive device, such as energy-absorbing shoes, a brace or a cane.
be well, feel better
How to avoid twenty-first century health problems, from tablet neck to earbud-related hearing loss.
Experience more joy every day with these surprising new scientifically proven tactics.
Sunscreen strategies and formulas to help protect even the most sensitive skin from sun damage and cancer.
Get the facts on staying healthy and comfortable when the temperature rises.
Trick your brain into doing what you want it to do.
Which are just gross, and which are truly dangerous?
Plus, tips from experts on ways to drop those excess pounds
How to use color therapy to feel better.